Search the forum,

Discuss Help! How do I fix a contractors bad tiling job? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

alisag

-
Reaction score
HI All, We recently had a contractor replace a tub surround and it appears he used marble threshold material to fill the gap between the new tub and the existing tile. Unfortunately it appears he did not add anything underneath. Part of it has sunken and is now uneven with the existing flooring and will leak water through the caulking cracks (see picture). I don't want the deal with the contractor again. How can I fix this? Can I just chisel or cut it out and reset it? What do I put underneath to level it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• bathroom flooring gap.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 63
  • bathroom marble sunken.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 63

alisag

-
Reaction score
Did you manage to get this sorted out?
Hi Dan, no I didn't. I removed the caulk around the tile, hoping that the tile could be pried out, but it must have been glued. I guess the only remedy is breaking them to get them out. Until I find a tiler that can do this, I recaulked them trying to make a gradual slope from the higher stone to the lower one. Not sure how the two stones ended up uneven if they were glued to the subfloor. Any other recommendations?

Reply to Help! How do I fix a contractors bad tiling job? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen