Discuss Hello clueless female here seeks tiling advice lol in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey people. I have come across this page whilst looking for advice on my ongoing bathroom renovation.
I have had a professional in, to do the whole lot. Now I know nothing about bathrooms so just on here to make sure its going to plan - after 2 leeks and 2 no shows I'm getting concerned. I've attached some pics if someone could reassure me i'd be grateful. I know the grouting is yet to be done and he suggests a colour match grout. And he also said that he will mastic the corners in the shower area where is most crooked - is that a normal thing to do? To me the gaps look uneven and when a spirit level is placed on the walls it is not straigt and bows.
Thanks for taking a look.

20171127_045447.jpg 20171127_045221.jpg 20171127_045213.jpg IMG-20171126-WA0003.jpg

W

WetSaw

Grout and mastic (silicone) may hide some of the bad cuts but clearly won't make the walls plumb or deal with the fact that the tiles look like they're spot fixed. Seems to be a lack of adhesive showing.... Screenshot_20171127-071241.png Screenshot_20171127-071213.png

Q

Qwerty

Hi and welcome to the forum. You username says it all. I wouldn't want him to finish off the work if you want a good job. As @pdc says, looks like incorrect methods and poor attention to detail

T

Time's Ran Out

It has to go into the rogues gallery I’am afraid just for the fact it’s been dot and dabbed.

M

Matt Bott

Hi clueless female
I had a look through the pictures and something stuck out like a sore thumb.

Jokes aside it’s not a very high standard of workmanship I wouldn’t be happy at all.

P.s you have strong hands :p

G

GoneGuy

Hello and welcome to the forum, as previous posts said it is not a good standard of work.

Reply to Hello clueless female here seeks tiling advice lol in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks