Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss have you ever been asked to tile a steam room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
if so, please tell us what materials that you would propose to use, given a free rain!! starting with what you would build the walls, ceiling, floor from,
no catch here!! just an interesting exercise :8:

S

Scott

I have one to price for a friends mum but as yet have never fitted one. THe husband is also the local building inspector :yikes: Im thinking that she is going for one of these chinese plastic bases with the tray and doors as one unit so it would be just the rear corner to build and tile.

I have to contruct one wall anyway as far as i know so i would go with the following

CLS for the stud work with a plastic membrane over the insulation at 400 centres with plenty of noggins covered with either hardi backer, or aqua panel. Probably Hardi backer as this job is on the top floor of a town house and Aqua panel is too damn heavy to carry up 2 flights! Tape the joins and adhesive will depend on tiles but definately a cement based adhesive due to the steam.

Im sure others will differ but thats how I would do it and i offer 2 years guarantee on all my bathroom installations.

However if there is a better alternative I would consider it

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

Epoxy grout for deffo, a cement backer board, possibly even aluminium framing rather than timber. vapour barriers etc

T

The D

deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture6087-image272.jpg
deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture6086-image271.jpg
deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture6085-image269.jpg
deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture5480-image191.jpg
deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture4213-image255.jpg
deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture4215-image256.jpg
deanotile-albums-stone-mosaic-tiling-picture4211-image261.jpg

butech one flex adhesive butech anthracite epoxy grout walls constructed from wadi board taped and skimmed with the one flex

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I have built a number of steam rooms over the years and always tile the floor first then build the room on top of the floor, aluminium framing with aqua panels screwed on using s/steel washers and screws all joints are then taped and filled, ceilings are built the same way and are better pitched than vertical . Tile using flexi adhesive and grout using epoxy [ have seen them grouted with flexi floor grout with no problems ]. Finaly silicone all the corners / angles and edges along the walls, floors and ceiling. We have used this method with out any problems for a number of years for major national clients . hope this helps

P

Polishtradesman

nice one mate i like the remembrance link, and we do honour the pole's for there bravery and valour in the war ,when i was a young lad i worked with some of these old men, they were great guy's god bless them!!:8::thumbsup:
Did you see video about wedi board??

Reply to have you ever been asked to tile a steam room in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks