Search the forum,

Discuss Hardy backer 12mm. Is it possible to dot and dab using thickset adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

inspectapart

Hi, I just need some help with fixing 12mm hardy boards. I have ixed the two walls that are studded using drywall screws....seems to be O/K so far. But I have to cover an old brick wall also. I took of the high spots and primed it using ULTRA PRIME FLEXIBLE adhesive DILUTED 3 TO 1. I WAS HOPING TO DOT AND DAB THE BOARDS ON WITH ULTRA PRO RAPID ADHESIVE. What do you think?
The wall is pretty uneven but plumb. 1/2" of dab would allow me to level up I think.
The alternative is to battern out and that would mean a lot of packing out the batterns to get it level.
Hope this makes sense.
Bob

D

DHTiling

Hardibacker do not advise it..

You can use a marmox type board though and D&D that onto the walls with Adhesive, and then mechanical fix as well through where the dabs are.

I

inspectapart

If I use Marmox, Which adhesive should I use/ It would need to be a thickset type to get over th uneaveness of the wall

I

inspectapart

Haven`t picked the tiles yet but they will be Just ordinary 9mm wall tiles. No great weight to them.
Bob

Reply to Hardy backer 12mm. Is it possible to dot and dab using thickset adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen