Discuss Hardiebacker - 6mm or 12mm? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mossop

It depends on what situation you're using it in.
On a bathroom wall directly beside a bath which has an overhead shower. Timber studs. Tiles are the mini metro 7.5cm x 15cm tiles.

I presumed the weight of the 12mm thick board would be twice the weight of the 6mm board since both have the same dimensions. However, according to the B&Q links above, the 6mm board is 9kg whereas the 12mm board is 13.8kg.

Reaction score
I use alot of the 6mm backer board for overboarding floors but very rarely use the 12mm (just alot more hard work to cut and fix). Guessing you are matching the thickness of surrounding plasterboard? Aquapanel is lighter, easier to cut and fix and a similar price. (Im not a aquapanel salesman btw )

Reply to Hardiebacker - 6mm or 12mm? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley