Search the forum,

Discuss Hallway Tiling advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sam, just a little bit more advice:

Of course some customers try and save money by doing the prep themselves. However, lets say in a few weeks/months time a tile cracks or a bit of grout comes out.

Whos fault is it? Was the prep done correctly? were all the boards screwed down? Were there voids under the Hardibacker? etc etc.

Some tilers would rather do the prep themselves. Then they can guarantee the whole job.

A hallway is a high traffic area.

Do you have the skills & tools to cut Hardiebacker (carbide tipped scorer)? Do you have an impact driver to drive the screws through concrete and into your floorboards? Do you have a 6mm trowel & bucket trowel etc. I mention these because unless you are going to use these tools again they are pretty niche and the chances are they won't aget used again.

Saying that........you might be in the trade yourself and can easily prep a floor before tiling!

Good luck whatever you do.

Sam_h

-
Reaction score
Sam, just a little bit more advice:

Of course some customers try and save money by doing the prep themselves. However, lets say in a few weeks/months time a tile cracks or a bit of grout comes out.

Whos fault is it? Was the prep done correctly? were all the boards screwed down? Were there voids under the Hardibacker? etc etc.

Some tilers would rather do the prep themselves. Then they can guarantee the whole job.

A hallway is a high traffic area.

Do you have the skills & tools to cut Hardiebacker (carbide tipped scorer)? Do you have an impact driver to drive the screws through concrete and into your floorboards? Do you have a 6mm trowel & bucket trowel etc. I mention these because unless you are going to use these tools again they are pretty niche and the chances are they won't aget used again.

Saying that........you might be in the trade yourself and can easily prep a floor before tiling!

Good luck whatever you do.

Hi Sean

Opted in the end to let the tiler do this bit. I reckon i could've done it but more concerned if anything went wrong and fallout from that,

Cheers!

Reply to Hallway Tiling advice please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen