Search the forum,

Discuss Hair Line Cracks In Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

cityone

Hi lads, tiled a complete bathroom about 10 months ago (floor + walls to ceiling) and customer has been back in contact to say that some of the tiles have cracked, i went to see them and right enough there is a very fine crack line on some of the tiles, i must have done about 150 floors and this is the first one i,ve had to return to. I use the same method every time, (6mm hardie backer, glued, screwed and fiba tape on joints) told the customer that i will return tomorrow and he informed me that more cracks have appeared, i feel as though my work and system is tried and tested so is this a problem with the substrate floor??? any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance.

C

cityone

Just thought you might have an inkling as to how the joists or boards went before you start digging
To be honest the builder i do a lot of work for laid the hardie backer at the time, i arrived an hour later.

Reply to Hair Line Cracks In Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen