Search the forum,

Discuss Gypsum Based Tile Adhesives in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't expect this to be a usy thread but does anyone know of any Gypsum Based tile adhesives.

There are quite a few in France Germany and Holland but not for some reason in the UK.

I know of GBTA01 from creative impressions and Benfergyps available through Benfer stockists.

Not interested in prices at this stage justv suppliers, manufacturers or stockists

Thanks for any help and info

W

White Room

I don't expect this to be a usy thread but does anyone know of any Gypsum Based tile adhesives.

There are quite a few in France Germany and Holland but not for some reason in the UK.

I know of GBTA01 from creative impressions and Benfergyps available through Benfer stockists.

Not interested in prices at this stage justv suppliers, manufacturers or stockists

Thanks for any help and info

Thought they were the company that does printed concrete

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thought they were the company that does printed concrete

They are. They also have a small range of flooring ancilliaries - levelling compound, primer and tile addy.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
this owt to do with "alabaster" thread Ajax?

No doug - didn't see that one. It's all about my obsession with anhydrite floor screeds cos I keep getting called out to delaminated tile complaints where tilers have used cement addy and inadequate primer.
My advice is get rid of cement on anhydrite and use gypsum cos its the same stuff. My company in Germany have recomended it for about 5 years now and result is almost zero delamination problems. Same in France and Holland where there is lots more anhydrite and even more tiling than in the UK. Problem is there aren't many addys in the UK based on Gypsum so thought would ask the forum for help finding them. Helping tilers and clients to help themselves sort of thing.

Mind you alabaster is gypsum based as well so maybe would be ok there as well.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Found another one today - Alphycol 725 from Forbo Flooring. Very big in Holland.
Am assured it is easily available in the UK direct from Forbo - just awaiting confirmation

That's 4 on the list - it's getting bigger

Reply to Gypsum Based Tile Adhesives in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen