Search the forum,

Discuss Grouting loose tiles with Epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Southtiler

Hi guys,

Very grateful for any advice you may have on thsi small job.

I'm putting about 6 tiles back on a wall for a friend in a kitchen, as well as putting three or four new ones on of a similar colour. (The tiles were taken off to do some rewiring, though 3-4 can't be put back, and need replacing). The tiles are going back onto a second set of tiles underneath, for which I'm going to use Bal Blue Star adhesive. The second set of tiles underneath are glazed finish so I think they should connect okay if I leave extra time for drying...? Doee anyone know if Blue Star is okay for small porcelain tiles? The guidance for Blue Star says ceramic, rather than porcelain, though it only says not suitable for some less porous tiles. Also: -

I think the existing tiles are porcelain, but the ones I've sourced of the most similar colour are ceramic. Does it matter putting a few ceramics in with porcelain? We're only talking about 3-4 tiles of 10x10cm.

And, I need to re-grout the tiles that are going back on, as well as the 3-4 new ones. I was going to use an epoxy grout (Bal easypoxy) as it's a kitchen, but I've no idea what grout was used before. As it wasn't a very professional job, it may not have been an epoxy, though it's been there for over 5 years or so, with no problems. Is there any problem using an epoxy grout if what it will connect to in part wasn't an epoxy one?

Very grateful for anything you have. As I say this is for a friend, and not meant to be an ideal job. Sorry if have over-complicated the issue/s...

Thank you.

W

White Room

Personally I would use some powdered adhesive and not worry about epoxy grout for patching up, just a standard grout would suffice.

D

Daz

I presume that you are talking about walls and not a tiled work surface? If a work surface, then you will deffo need epoxy grout.

Reply to Grouting loose tiles with Epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen