Search the forum,

Discuss Grouted tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Hello all. Just a quick one. I spoke to a guy yesterday who told me he grouted over some of his cross shaped floor spacers which he laid down in the joint between 4 tiles. The spacer has since reappeared on the joint but due to the grout having set he can't remove it. I told him he'll have to remove the grout then remove the spacer and re grout the joint. Is this the correct advice or is there an easier method. Many thanks

M

Mr T

Thats the only advice u can give mate he can either leave it in or take it out and if it comes out it will have to be re-grouted.

S

Sean SML Tiling

I think he would of noticed it during washing off amd probably to lazy to rectify it. Its only a 2 minute job anyway

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The easiest method is not to leave them there in the first place. That's the only advice I can give!!!

D

DHTiling

easy to rectify... get a grinder with a 5 mm blade width and ease out the 3mm spacer.. :) infill with grout and take no notice of the grout width at that point... DIY rules :lol:

Reaction score
On building sites leaving spacers in joint is often done to increase tiling speed. But then many don't wash out buckets after use cos its costs less to replace the bucket than the value of the tiling time lost cleaning it. Personally I don't like that - it often results in an impression of spacer showing through the finished grout joint. And I am so tight-fisted that I want to re-use my spacers for as long as possible to save spending on spacers. Although I don't often use spacers for floors - its quickest to space by eye and stop everyone getting on the surface until its set.

Reply to Grouted tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen