Search the forum,

Discuss Grout stuck in ceramic tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mitch

I have just tiles two toilet blocks with 300x600 tile with lots of groves running though and left the mate to grout them as I went on holiday for a week.

I have come back to loads of grout stuck in all the groves and its proving a nightmare to get it out , tries high strength residue remover and white vinegar and a lot of elbow grease , this working but at a very slow rate.

Looking for a faster solution please.

Reaction score
90287.jpg
Have used a nylon brush attachment that can be fitted in a drill, rapidly removes surface grout and pretty safe, just try to test on a spare tile first.

M

Mitch

Thanks for the replies , I used a product called sticky stuff remover...it seems to have done the trick with a lot of wasted time though.

Reply to Grout stuck in ceramic tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

Grout stuck in ceramic tiles > Tiling Advice - Tilers Forums
Search the forum,

Discuss Grout stuck in ceramic tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mitch

I have just tiles two toilet blocks with 300x600 tile with lots of groves running though and left the mate to grout them as I went on holiday for a week.

I have come back to loads of grout stuck in all the groves and its proving a nightmare to get it out , tries high strength residue remover and white vinegar and a lot of elbow grease , this working but at a very slow rate.

Looking for a faster solution please.

Reaction score
90287.jpg
Have used a nylon brush attachment that can be fitted in a drill, rapidly removes surface grout and pretty safe, just try to test on a spare tile first.

M

Mitch

Thanks for the replies , I used a product called sticky stuff remover...it seems to have done the trick with a lot of wasted time though.

Reply to Grout stuck in ceramic tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen