Search the forum,

Discuss Grout Stain Semi Polished in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Drew Hutchinson

Hi all was tiling a small Kitchen Floor 12m with a 60x60 White Semi Polished and when i grouted the floor with Grey Grout it has left a stain very slightly but you can see it if you look closely (that's how slight it is).

Any How i have been tiling 25 years and i am very sure this was not my error and belief it was poor tile.
Of course the tile shop is blaming the tiler.
When you look closely you can see the stain is in the heights of the bumps and not the hollows there is no grout residue at all they are well cleaned have tried cementaway to try resolve with no joy thoughts of how to remove much appreciated.

Thanks D

D

Drew Hutchinson

Hi Bob haven't at present it was cement away I used
The staining is very slight I have washed it few times and defiantly is fading but there still is a shadow like we're the grout was.
I have looked closely at the tile and lt appears to have very small cracks in the heights and I believe this is were the colour change has happened .
Customer not happy which he has every rite not to be but I feel can't except responsability for this I do believe it's the tile after 25 years think I would know!
Any help to get it cleaned appreciated as I said so faint you would believe it was just shade in tile.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi drew, if our cement away , please watch vapour as hydocloric ,you and metal furnishings.
Intreaged to see a photo, might be worth testing any alkali , stripper ,cleaner on one tile if you have in the van .as this may break a polymer residue , poss this in those micro pores.
May just take another couple of washes, Have you tried with a white pad and brush?

D

Drew Hutchinson

Hi drew, if our cement away , please watch vapour as hydocloric ,you and metal furnishings.
Intreaged to see a photo, might be worth testing any alkali , stripper ,cleaner on one tile if you have in the van .as this may break a polymer residue , poss this in those micro pores.
May just take another couple of washes, Have you tried with a white pad and brush?
Hi Bob what would be he best Alkali stripper/cleaner

Reply to Grout Stain Semi Polished in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen