Discuss Grout, grout and grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
As a professional tiler you would think I know. I dont !! Is Epoxy grout more flexible than a cement grout ??? I assumed that grout gives under stress. My assumption of epoxy is it adheres to the tile more than cement grout. If there is movement the tiles would tent rather than the epoxy failing. Thats why I choose not to use it. I do expect some stick so fire away:rolleyes::rolleyes: Your never to old to learn or Im an idiot:D

S

Spare Tool

Oh hahaha I was under the impression its less flexible once set.. Just impermeable, would be interested to know differently. Just on with a water factory at the moment and have 60sqm of epoxy on 200x200 dorsets to grout up this week :(

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Oh hahaha I was under the impression its less flexible once set.. Just impermeable, would be interested to know differently. Just on with a water factory at the moment and have 60sqm of epoxy on 200x200 dorsets to grout up this week :(
Was on tilerstalk and some young whipper snapper said epoxy is more flexible lol. I didn't know how to respond so asked the professionals on here ;);) As you say once cured its very hard

B

Blunt Tool

Not used it for years then in at the deep end :(
I'm sure there was a thread on here about using epoxy on a timber based wet room floor and it was advised against using it because of flexibility issues...might have just been a dream though :)
The 200mm Dorsets are they dimpled/studded?

Reply to Grout, grout and grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks