Search the forum,

Discuss Grout cracking upstairs bathroom in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cmac88

Hi all just got my upstairs bathroom all tiled couple of months back. Where the floor tile meets the wall tile all the grout has started to crack all around the bathroom. What's causing this to happen and how do I fix it

F

Flintstone

That should have been siliconed, instead of grout as it's a movement joint, try removing the grout and siliconing it, should solve it.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Depends on what grout was used, most do a colour match if it's white, I like Dow corning if coloured Mapei or Ultra I usually use but that's because i use their grout

Reply to Grout cracking upstairs bathroom in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen