Search the forum,

Discuss Grout and Adhesive for tiling onto 25mm WBP Plywood floor in bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aled

Hi,
I am going to be tiling a bathroom floor. I will be replaceing the current floorboards with 25mm WBP plywood. I have had different advice on what adhesive and grout to use. I have read that BAL Superflex Grout and BAL Single Part Fastflex adhesive are very good however very expansive. I have seen an alternative in B&Q and was wodering whether you could advise on how good it is. I have seen Buildfix Single Part Super Flexible Adhesive and Buildfix Flexible Wall and Floor Grout.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Aled

C

CJ CERAMICS

Hi aled what area are you in mate and do you have anywhere that sells mapei products?
i dont ever use B and Q products for tiling
I would go for Mapei keraflex maxi if you can get hold of it.
Also webber do a spf suitable for ply floors.
chris

A

aled

From South Wales near Swansea. I have not seen this product anywhere yet. I'll have too look harder. Would you recommend enything else?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 9966

aled

the Buildfix stuff you've found at B&Q is Mapei in disguise. See if you can get hold of the technical helpline number for the buildfix products and I'm sure if you explain what you're doing, and your substrate to them, they'll be able to recommend the best Buildfix products for your job.

hope this helps

GRR

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi aled
as GRR says this is basically mapei and you shouldnt have any probs with it
having checked on prices from other suppliers at retail prices you are prob just aswell to buy this locally from B&Q
as to travel to save a few pounds.
chris

D

DHTiling

As long as you have no deflection in the floor then the buildfix one you mention is fine..

Reply to Grout and Adhesive for tiling onto 25mm WBP Plywood floor in bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen