Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Grout 3000 in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Used this on a bathroom for the first time today. Light beige. Looks like board finish plaster :yikes:.
very smooth, but boy does it go off quick! Nearly caught me out. Made me sweat.

W

White Room

I've noticed the speed it goes as well and found the residue is a pigs ear to clean..

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Used it once and I was like you Paul, went off as quick as Usain Bolt, nice smooth finish though

D

Dougs Third Go

I absolutely love it, never had a problem with it setting too quick, certainly not as fast setting as mapei ultracolour. Do manufacturers make seasonal set times for grout as well as adhesive?

I

Ian

It's the only coloured grout I use these days. I did have a bag go off on me super quick when we had the hot weather last summer, not had it happen since. I'm not the fastest grouter and find the setting time is perfect for me. I've never had it dry patchy either, which was a problem I'd had a couple of times with other coloured grouts.

Reaction score
Well all i can say is this grout sells!

bit of a tip when using (im not trying to teach you to suck eggs btw!)

mix grout with water as per instruction on bag, allow 2 mins then give it another mix. get grouting. before 10 mins as gone go back and give it another mix.

told this to most of our customers, who keep buying plenty, so it must work.

I

Ian

Well all i can say is this grout sells!

bit of a tip when using (im not trying to teach you to suck eggs btw!)

mix grout with water as per instruction on bag, allow 2 mins then give it another mix. get grouting. before 10 mins as gone go back and give it another mix.

told this to most of our customers, who keep buying plenty, so it must work.

Good tip that Lee, I think you or Mark may have mentioned that before as that's what I do, keeps it workable for at least an hour if given a regular stir.

jimmi-c

TF
Reaction score
Never used it myself, but id rather the grout go off quick in the joint than on the tile face. Makes it Alot easier to wash down . Most grout works the other way round i find

Reply to Grout 3000 in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks