Search the forum,

Discuss grinding terracotta tiles to even surface in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Sorry, I can't post a photo - don't really know how

Ok Lauri,

you can't post an image via the quick reply, but can you see the 'Post Reply' button on the bottom left of the page after the last post? If you click on that, you have more options for the message, one being the little paperclip symbol for attachments, click on that and a new small window opens where you can choose to add an url, which is unlikely you'll want, but underneath that you can browse in your PC pics and choose from there and then insert by double clicking. The text will turn into the picture once submitted.
Go and try?

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lauri Marder

thanks- I did what you said, and hope you find it attached. I have some more up-close images but have to locate them-

L

Lauri Marder

trying again

Attachments

• sea of tiles.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 62
U

user123

Nope, nothing there...try again? Otherwise, you can email me and send me yor pics (via my website - see 'view my homepage') underneath my name/avatar) and I put them up for you, are they in jpg or gif?
But grinding down terracotta sounds really dodgy to me... I would do as pjc said and have them taken up and replaced...

M

mikethetile

you can sand them with a floor sander

start with a very coarse grit and work your way up to a very fine to remove scratches

do not wet as this will make a slurry which will clog the paper

its a very dusty job and floor sanders are not really a diy tool , i would find a local that can come and do it for you

E

enduro

Thank you for this link- that may help a lot!
No problem, we are here to help, but these guys are truly experts in stone restoration, and they are world wide so they could probably put you onto a guy in your area. Lets us know if you get it sorted. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Cheers Enduro....Another happy member sorted by a tilersforums trusted advisor....:thumbsup:

Reply to grinding terracotta tiles to even surface in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen