Search the forum,

Discuss Grand Designs Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

OK so in conjunction with this thread http://www.tilersforums.com/tilers-forums-arms/46994-bathroom-diary-2.html I'm looking for a tile.

Originally the floor was going to be a riven timber floor but the more I think about it and with the lighting it's gonna have to be a tile.

No I know at the moment you lot don't know what the finished room will look like but the perfect tile for this will be a white quartz’s or even better, a tile that was once featured in a grand design programme 3 or 4 years ago.

The tile in question was used throughout a property not that far away from me in Seaford; the house was built by a gay couple who the main guy was either the manager of either East 17 or the Pet Shop Boys??? Can’t remember which

The tile was a white with flecks of coloured glass in it... I have a feeling we have discussed this tile on TF before or maybe I've imagined that because I've spoken to others about it.

So the question is does anybody know any of the following...
i.e. fill in the blanks

The Name of the tile:
The manufacturer:
The distributor:

S

Stewart

My local shop has something similar if not the same. Will be able to get the details tomorrow.

D

DHTiling

Still a quartz..:)..

I have not seen these with multi coloured glass but stu seems to have..

C

Colour Republic

Still a quartz..:)..

I have not seen these with multi coloured glass but stu seems to have..

Sorry I ment to say 'NOT' like your common quartz. It may well be but I don't think it is????

see if I can get a picture but in the mean time cheers Stu:thumbsup: Any help is very welcome

C

Colour Republic

Have you tried Topps?

They were my first port of call... now they didn't have the glass tile I was after but the guy who I spoke to said he had a bumpy white tile that would reflect the light in much the same way. The only catch was that it required a special adhesive but lucky for me they had this adhesive!!

Even better it was on offer!! Now this special adhesive called Toppfix (of which they are the only people in the country to have... very exclusive!) is normally £180 a bag but I told them I was trade and they agreed to £110 a bag RESULT!:hurray:

C

Colour Republic

OK so I have found the video of the tile

The tile is first shown @22:18 and strangely @32:18 where you can see it better and also what looks to be D'n'D on the wall fixing! I'm going to give the guy the benefit of doubt and say he was doing it for the cameras before combing the addy on the back of the tile

Grand Designs - 4oD - Channel 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Grand Designs Tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen