Search the forum,

Discuss Glass tiles to fix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve mason

Im quoting for a kitchen splash back which the customer has 20 handmade glass tiles to fix the rest are ceramic.the glass tiles are thinner than the ceramic ones so will need building up.Will i need a special adi to fix the glass tiles? and is white adi best so that the colours on the tiles stand out as they are just painted glass?

T

TilingLogistics

You need to know what backing there is on the glass tiles. Some require a special adhesive! Most glass tiles can be fixed with BAL Mosaic Fix! BUT Check with the fixing instructions for them first:thumbsup:

Kev

S

steve mason

Cheers Kev but they have just been made by her friend so no fixing instructions so i will just have to explain this to the customer,how much is bal mix?

A

andersontiling

i would back the tiles with adhesive so the rib marks dont show from your notch trowel.i wouldnt use a pva based go for a bag of bal mosaic fix and fix all of them with it...prime the wall first:grin:

D

DHTiling

You deffo need to find out what backing the tiles have....if they are painted backs then just use mirror mate or epoxy adhesive .. if not then an adhesive suitable for vitrified materials will be fine.....:thumbsup:

T

TilingLogistics

Cheers Kev but they have just been made by her friend so no fixing instructions so i will just have to explain this to the customer,how much is bal mix?

BAL Mosaic Fix costs around £15 inc VAT from my supplier. Even if her friend is making them she should give instructions on fitting them IMO. However if there are none then follow Anderson Tilings or Daves advice :thumbsup:

Kev

Reply to Glass tiles to fix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen