Search the forum,

Discuss Glass tile cutting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bobbydazzler

Any tips for cutting glass tiles on a wet saw. And is there a tool anyone could recomend to smooth of ruff the ruff edges ? Thanks in advance.

D

DHTiling

He might want to be able to do L cuts for sockets etc.. or window cill , who knows..?

B

bobbydazzler

QUOTE=Dave;706389]He might want to be able to do L cuts for sockets etc.. or window cill , who knows..?[/QUOTE] Yes that's what I was thinking, I am doing a kitchen splash back so L shapes and sockets will need to be cut

M

Minesacarling

I know topps do a blade for wet cutting glass. They're on there website for £18.99

M

MTiler

You can get diamond rubbing blocks of various grades that'll smooth off the sharp glass edges. Ive used normal diamond cutting blades to cut glass tiles with no problem. Dont use a grinder as it'll shatter the glass tiles.

D

DHTiling

QUOTE=Dave;706389]He might want to be able to do L cuts for sockets etc.. or window cill , who knows..? Yes that's what I was thinking, I am doing a kitchen splash back so L shapes and sockets will need to be cut

Rubi make one called a CVG blade... But most porcelain blades will cut glass... Be careful of shelling .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Glass tile cutting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen