Search the forum,

Discuss Glass panel - FIxing to tile floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

IHB

I'm planning on fixing some 10mm glass with clamps such as these http://www.crlaurence.com/techdocs/PDF/UC77.pdf floor & ceiling but wondering how to fix to the floor without damaging the Dura C++ matting.

Can anyone advise on the best way to do this? Is there a way of fixing to the face of the tile (Polished Marble) that will be strong enough?

O

Ollie02948

You can get channels that screw to the floor and the glass drops in. Or depending on how big the glass is put brackets on the wall and put a bead of silicone both sides of glass panel were it meets floor. You have to do that a lot on free standing glass on shower trays. If your worried about it moving get a supporting arm. But it should be fine with glass upto 1000mm

I

IHB

It will be fixed three sides and a glass door hinged off the fourth. I was planning on setting a U channel into the wall flush with the tile surface but using the clamps ceiling & floor so that I get a drainage gap at floor level.

Tiles are 13mm thick so I could drill a blind hole & set a pin in the clamp maybe. But is there a tile adhesive that's strong enough to hold without a mechanical fix?

Or maybe I just drill through the membrane, fill it with silicone and don't worry?

I

IHB

Manhatten, do a Aluminium channel with concealed sealing strip

I'm thinking that this might be the safest way. I'll lose any air gap but I could set 10mm channel into the floor and wall tiles to be flush with the tile face and screw 19mm channel to the ceiling. Glass should then slide and drop into the channel.

I'll need to make sure everything's square and aligned or the sliding and dropping won't happen or the door won't swing properly. Maybe an excuse to get a laser level?

Reply to Glass panel - FIxing to tile floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen