Search the forum,

Discuss glass and metal mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

squeaky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi i have a job to do and called to find they had bought glass and metal mosaics as i took it they were glass but i thought i would call and check them out. 90% of the tiles are what looks like brushed stainless steal .can anyone tell me the best way to cut these tiles ,the only way i can think of is with a hacksaw

S

Scott

I looked at some of these today, these ones.
DUNE MATRIX MOSAIC 30X30CM

But at that price per metre i think ill give it a miss!!

Pm peckers i think it was him that did some of those a while back. If im wrong im sure someone will tell me!

P

peckers

thanks ive just seen a thread that peckers did in May , the same tiles as his pictures. I think they were bought from topps tiles .Metallic Random Mix Mosaic | Topps Tiles these ones
Yes they did come from topps a very nice tile!! expensive but they are lovely when up!!
I used a small wet cutter that i have for cutting the metal ones with and then i removed the burr with using a sharp stanley knife and a carborunden stone!
you need to use a ver fine grout as they will scratch very easily and the protective plastic that is on them just comes off as you grout it and gets in your grout so i removed it before grouting but you must have a very fine grout and dont over squeegee the excess with your grout float as it scratches!!!

S

Scott

If we use them they wont need cutting as it will just be a panel in the bathroom.
The Topps ones are really similar to the Tile Depot ones but a fraction of the cost! Ill be looking at the Topps ones. I have sent a price promise form to Tile Depot with the link to the Topps one to see if they will honour it, although they will use the fact that they are not identical to get out of it. Will let you know the out come

R

Rich

I use these a couple of months ago. Used the same cutting method as peckers, its a bit of work but worth it as the finish can be blinding.

As above, be careful when grouting as the can scratch very easily.

squeaky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
been in tile giant the lad says they own the company who make them and sell them to topps ,so in tile giant they are £2 less a tile

A

Aston

same as peckers, small wet saw to cut (the briccoloina is great for this) remove burr.
fine grout to prevent scratching the steel!

S

Scott

I didnt see them in Tile Giant?

Edit: I have now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to glass and metal mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen