Search the forum,

Discuss Getting paid in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

psychowitch

I tend to give my customers 7days to pay so they can check out my work..but most pay on the final day ...although just done some refurbishment for a hotel and its overdue by 30days :incazzato: so now chasing them...also found out I can charge interest on overdue payments :hurray: ... they owe me another 87p...

K

kameleon

If i'm suppling the materials I get the money them on the day of starting, you shouldn't have to bankroll somebody else's job. Also if you do get stiffed it's only cost you time.

Reaction score
just read through all the post's,some interesting way's,I'm glad you all take care to get paid,and so you should !!! its very dangerous at the mo
smiley3749.gif

lucius

TF
Reaction score
Bangers and mash in the claw as you walk out the door, wouldnt take a cheque of a private customer nowadays unless i realy knew them.
Lucius

E

edone

I always tell the the day before I finish the amount owing and when I present them with the final invoice on the day I finish I ask for payment cash or cheque - never had a problem, no-one has ever had an issue.

On the rare occasion when I finish a job and the customer is at work i ask them to send a cheque asap, only ever had one person I had to chase, it took me three weeks to get someone to pay for a days works doing a kitchen splashback.

The important thing is to let them know before hand that you expect payment immediately after job if finished so they are not surprised

P

Peter

If I'm doing private work through myself I'd expect payment at the end of that job. If I'm doing it through a builder, I'd expect payment that Friday. The builders are usually harder to get money off.

C

CON5933

I can't help it...:oops:I know it's wrong....:ban:almost fetishist....:drool5:...but i just love walking out of a customers house with an envelope full of readies...:thumbsup:

M

mhtiler

i get paid as soon as i have finished the work,cash or cheque im easy,if its an insurance job it can take up to a month unless the customer has been paid off the insurance company.

Reply to Getting paid in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen