Search the forum,

Discuss Getting paid in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

colin178

Hi

What is the normal procedure when being paid by the customer?

Do they give you the cash / cheque as soon as you've finished the job, before you leave?

Or do you finish the job go home and wait for a cheque to be posted through your door?

Cheers

Col

B

Bolter

Thats something to discuss with each individual customers, preferably before you undertake any work.

A

arthurdaley

Yep, discuss at the beginning, l have several customers l do regular work for, they have my account details l send an email with the total due they then transfer the money, would only do this with reliable customers you can trust.
lf its new customers l ask for 25% deposit at the beginning and the remaining balance when the jobs finished, day before it is finished l politely bring it up in conversation, lm not too keen leaving a job and giving them the option of posting a cheque. If the job is a long one say 2-3 weeks l ask for part payment end of each week, remainder once finished.

C

Colour Republic

I very rarely work with cash anymore, it always seems a bit Delboy. Most people have internet banking so 90% of the time I work via bank transfer, the customer always feels easier if they have a 'paper' trail. If you have completed a job them give them an invoice and terms i.e payment now due, 7 days terms, 14 days... 30 days...

D

doug boardley

some customers, especially domestic, will give you a cheque as you finish the job. Commercial work is a different ball game, you can wait up to 2 months for it:thumbsup:

P

Perry

some customers, especially domestic, will give you a cheque as you finish the job. Commercial work is a different ball game, you can wait up to 2 months for it:thumbsup:
wish that was true Doug have been waiting for some over a year it aint always that easy to collect mate

D

doug boardley

wish that was true Doug have been waiting for some over a year it aint always that easy to collect mate
yep Pete, I know peeps sometimes struggle to get the coin in, esp on site work. My way is to bill contractor little and often, that way I'm never gonna have to take a big hit if payment is not forthcoming:20:

H

hillhead

i finished site job last wednesday,got cheque thursday evening! if all was like that i'd be happier:mad2:

F

Fred

I tell all my clients its pay day the moment I leave. Cheque, cash or on-line banking, they all get a proper receipt on payment. Got to pay the taxman.:thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

Always paid before I leave the premises, always ask them If they neen a 'headed' receipt as well as the 'duplicate book', invoice. Cheques always made out to company name not my name. Only exception is complete bathroom refurbs where I allow them to keep a couple of hundred for a week to made sure workmanship is up to scratch etc

Reply to Getting paid in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen