Search the forum,

Discuss Genesis GMAT repair in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Anyone out there had a floor repaired following a Genesis GMAT failure. I have a customer who had just had a failed floor resin injected to repair it and it has left hundreds of holes in the grout about 4 inches apart (any more holy and it could be in the Vatican!!!). The problem is that the grout has stained darker either side of the holes from the resin. I can't remove all the grout to regrout and if I fill the holes with the original colour grout I will be left with hundreds of light coloured dots. Is there a grout or product out there that will fill the holes and darken the original grout. Tiles are porcelain that has not been (or requires) sealing so the grout is not sealed unless the resin has done this. Thanks.

P

Perfect Tiling

Thanks for the replies guys. They had to repair 40 sq mtrs...it wasn't all needed...yet but they did it because they were up here anyway (NE Scotland). Gary...Is mapei epojet LV a grout restorer that will dye the grout all one colour? Bri...yes they are...and for the hassle I've had but its not actually Genesis. They put their name to the mat but it was another company that imported it so they are responsible. It was them that paid for the repairs to be carried out....I think they were called Newtons.

P

Perfect Tiling

I can't really regrout the whole floor as it 5 tile sizes in a modular layout and the tiles have a riven edge. Plus the customer wants no mess so I can't get a grinder etc out. I have had my quote accepted by the supplier and it will more than cover everything. I will ask them about loosing the decoupling following the repair. If this is the case then I will try to get the customers money back from the purchase of the mat as they will have bought a decoupling mat that won't decouple!!!!

Reply to Genesis GMAT repair in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays