Search the forum,

Discuss General tiling options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I had an awful tiling job recently in my kitchen dining room areas (24m2). All will be coming up and I am now considering all my options, including UFH. The rooms are connected.

can anyone tell me my best options in terms decoupling mats, insulation boards, electric mats or loose wire? I appreciate this is a very general question. I was wondering if it is common to use both the decoupling and insulation boards? If I use either will that negate the need for latex if required?

J

J Sid

Without doubt I would recommend insulation board and as thick as your heights will allow. SLC over the wire, I prefer loose wire, other will prefer mat, and with porcelain no real need for an uncoupling membrane but is an extra insurance if you can afford it.
This is assuming your base is sand and cement

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would be looking at Ditra Heat or Warm Up DCM Pro.

Reaction score
When you say level, is that the latex self level compound? It’s probably very obvious but can someone describe to me what benefit this will give considering there will be insulation boards etc? I have a brand new house and given it’s not perfect, it still looks pretty level.

Reply to General tiling options in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen