Search the forum,

Discuss General Advice Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kelvin

TF
Reaction score
Hi all.

My project is to lay approx 6m2 of porcelain tiles in a dressing room & 4m2 in the wet room the floor is 25mm ply screwed & glued to the joist with marmox tray at ffh.

My plan is to have electric underfloor cable.

My first question is:

I have used 12mm cement boards to the walls ready for tiling & have 6mm cement boards for the floor will these provide a good enough insulation for the UFH cable would anyone know?

And secondly:

I am planning to put oak floor plate around the dressing room wall edge and this will provide the threshold for the doorways & to tile up against 20mm of thickness I'm thinking of using a coupling membrane,then the cement board,then the cable for the UFH ,slc if I need to bump the height up then tile to the top of this to come up to my FFH.

Does this sound correct?

I would appreciate comments and advice,thanks in advance.

Kelvin.

W

White Room

You say cement boards for the floor do you mean hardie type or thermal type.....

kelvin

TF
Reaction score
When I bought my marmox trays for the wet rooms I purchased cement boards from the supplier they recommended them,they were called no more ply.

Not hardie BB...

W

White Room

When I bought my marmox trays for the wet rooms I purchased cement boards from the supplier they recommended them,they were called no more ply.

Not hardie BB...

For the floor I would use 10mm thermal boards if possible or 6mm for height reasons, glue and screw to the floor and lay ufh cable then self level, this will allow more heat to the tiles.

kelvin

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
So basically I'm heading in the right direction with regards to the method I described ,no one has said if I Should be using the coupling membrane or not but I'm thinking I should and if so any recommendations please or reasons for not ,it's a new build with 25mm ply straight on to 225 x45 joists .

Reply to General Advice Please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I’ve got 3/4” MDF over 1-1/2” t&g car decking, over 6x8” joists on 48” centers. All solid, good...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen