Search the forum,

Discuss Gap between tiles and ceiling in the bathroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tashy32

Afternoon

Apologies if this thread has already been posted.
Wonder if someone can give me some advise please.

We are currently in the process of doing our bathroom up and have stumbled across an issue.
Basically, we had to knock down the old plaster board the old owners put up because the tiles were falling off. So, with the new plaster board up and the ceramic tiles on, we are left with an uneven gap from the last tile to the ceiling.
On the shower side, where we have only tiled half the wall, it ranges between 5mm-8mm, this is the worst wall, the other completely tiled wall looks ok.

We don't particularly want to re-do the ceiling if possible and not keen on the idea of coving. What can we do to seal this?

Many Thanks
Tasha

I

Ian

Welcome to TF. I assume you have a full tile up to the ceiling, but the wonky ceiling has created an uneven gap? I won't preach about poor setting out but, in future try to finish up to the ceiling with a cut tile to hide such issues. My suggestions would be to fill the gap with caulk if the tiles are white or, if your tiles are coloured, find a grout that is a close colour match and fill the gap with that. Not perfect solutions but, gets you around the coving/overboarding ceiling if you'd rather not do that.

Reaction score
Hi,

Standard problem, but on this occasion I don't quite understand,

You've reboarded the walls? and the fully tiled side looks ok (5-8mm?)

but you say "where we have only tiled half the wall, it ranges between 5mm-8mm, this is the worst wall, the other completely tiled wall looks ok"

Cut-out and re-board the top part of the wall so that it fits??

Reply to Gap between tiles and ceiling in the bathroom in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen