Search the forum,

Discuss Gap between the ceiling and tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, please looking for some advice, so we had a horrible tiler leave a tiny gap between the tiles and the ceiling, I honestly don't know what to cover it with to make it look seamless. The tiler lied to us and later we found out he's never actually tiled before. Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230118_164124.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 66

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Is it too big for a tidy bead of white silicone? That's all it should have had in the first place. It doesn't look like a huge gap from the pic, but I could be wrong, how big is it?

Reaction score
Is it too big for a tidy bead of white silicone? That's all it should have had in the first place. It doesn't look like a huge gap from the pic, but I could be wrong, how big is it?
Hi I think it's about 1cm to 1.5cm. can I cut a tile that thin to fit in the space, or would it snap? I would have liked for the tile to touch the ceiling.

E

Edd The Tiler

A slither that small will look awful, and there should be a 5 to 6mm gap between tile and ceiling anyway, which should then be siliconed. I'd just put a thicker bead of silicone around the top and it will look just fine 👍

Reaction score
A slither that small will look awful, and there should be a 5 to 6mm gap between tile and ceiling anyway, which should then be siliconed. I'd just put a thicker bead of silicone around the top and it will look just fine 👍
I am also going to use this thing. Thanks for the solution.

Reply to Gap between the ceiling and tile in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen