Search the forum,

Discuss Fun project coming up - bit of advise needed in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

What is with all the loving tonight
kiss-106.gif

T

Tile Shop

Assuming the door is at the side of the bath end, why not go square with the tiles off the side of the bath and door, cutting the angle of the tile to the other walls. That way when you walk in the room - ' you are a man of distinction, a real big spender' and it may look better.

Ah, yes. The door is missing. On the diagram it should be on the left wall to the right of the loo. Do you think it could still work laying in that direction? Or would it look odd when you walk in?

If i have time tomorrow, i'll adjust them in that direction and i'll take you advice on what you think looks best. Then if he don'like it, i'll have someone to blame, hehe

Only joking, but am looking for ideas :)

Thanks for everyones input so far. Much appreciated. ***

T

Tile Shop

I love this tiling lark. Best part of it, the sense of satisfaction when you get the complicated stuff right.

Started this bathroom last night and just got cracking for today. Starting with a few cuts.... of course done some tiling before but most of it more straight forward. Not like this, with odd angles and round cuts.

Going back to the thread, favourite tool or the one you wouldn't be without????

Angle grinder. I have seen alot of your cuts in the past and fare enough this may not be up there with them, but for me, this is the cut of my life so far.

#proud

20160918_123950.jpg

O

Old Mod

Going back to the thread, favourite tool or the one you wouldn't be without????

Angle grinder. I have seen alot of your cuts in the past and fare enough this may not be up there with them, but for me, this is the cut of my life so far.

#proud

Well done Paul, all you need now is a carbarundum drum with an M14 thread for your grinder and you can smooth it off too!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And get it closer.......my ex boss used to say if he can get a rizla paper between the cut and the toilet ....it's not good enough !!
But for a first attempt....well done , we will make a tiler out of you yet !!

T

Tile Shop

now I understand why British tilers, be paid a lot of money ......
1 cut, 1 hour of work ....;)

I didn't get paid anything. Well, actually, thats kinda not true. He ordered Pizza on Saturday night. Good 'ol Dominos Mighty Meaty, none of this real Italian quattro staggioni muck! ;)

not right me charging for anything at this stage. If anything, I should be paying him for letting me have a go. That cut was slowing going, but it didn't take me an hour. probably about 15 minutes to have it templated and cut. As @3_fall and @Andy Allen pointed out, there is room for improvement with the right gear and maybe a few extra minutes getting it closer

Anyway all got finished last night. Siliconed the lot as a finishing touch, which covered all the jagged edges.

BUT.... My siliconing ability needs improvement. Put it on a bit too thick so it left the tram lines either side of the bead when I did the finger-finish. Had to wait for it to dry so that I could trim it back...... and now after all that, he's told me he wants to change it to white. But this is probably may fault for leaving a bold heavy medium grey bead but he said he made a bad colour choice and would have liked it better white to match the skirting.

I'd probably say I'm 90% happy with it. the 10% markdown is for one tile that dips below the height of the rest, by 1-2mm at one end (hard to tell because of where it is). I ran out of the clips and didn't notice it until it came to grouting. My excuse is it was in a very awkward corner next to the loo and maybe the angle of the trowel wasn't right. And the siliconing. Asked him if he'd be happy for me to go back and fix both issues. He said yes if I really wanted to, but was happy to leave it as it is and he'd live with the grey bead. Him being happy must count for something but I won't sleep until I know I've done everything the best that I can.

Reply to Fun project coming up - bit of advise needed in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen