Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Full rip out and re-tile. Opinions welcome in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Anto Holland

The set out is the best I could get foe the window to be symetrical. Didn't want to start full tile off the wall either. Customer happy. 4m joints which I also explained in another thread because the tile from B&Q were that bad in size. I don't do that ever but they were just so bad when opening them up I had to switch to 4m joints. Told customer first and she actually wanted wide joints anyway.

Ripped out, reboarded the lot.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

C

charlie1

Some nice cuts around the window their!! Nice work. Could you not have moved the tiles up a few inch to give yourself full tiles around the window?

A

Anto Holland

No as the shower tray would have had a really really small slither. Pain in the arse lol but this is literally the best set out I could find. Had to crack and thanks for the comment.

A

Anto Holland

Fair enough. Photo makes it look smaller than what it is though to be fair. Weird but true. I'll take note though :thumbsup:

S

Stef

If it's anything less than a half tile then switch your tile from starting on the grout line to the centre of the tile.
Every days a school day, [emoji6]

A

Anto Holland

What I did with the window wall amongst other ways (focal point) most important. I didn't really see any issues with that when setting it so carried on I suppose. Now i'm on here I will probably think what the forum might say before I go with my set out choice haha. Cheers tho. Notes stored.

S

Stef

What I did with the window wall amongst other ways (focal point) most important. I didn't really see any issues with that when setting it so carried on I suppose. Now i'm on here I will probably think what the forum might say before I go with my set out choice haha. Cheers tho. Notes stored.

It's got nothing to do what the forum might say, it's about doing the job & doing it correctly.
I'm sorry but I wouldn't accept that as in my eyes it's wrong.
Yes it's centred on the wall but the tiles are set out wrong..

D

Dougs Third Go

probably one of the few times were I wouldn't centre a tile from the window, the left hand corner looks too busy imo

A

Anto Holland

Ahhh well, can't please em all can ya. Customer very very happy. Most important thing in my eyes. Not saying thanks again as you just constantly come back with something negative.

A

Anto Holland

Nothing worse than a window that has different cuts either side. I chose this way, full wrap around in the corner is pretty decent IMO. Happy customer anyways.

S

Stef

Ahhh well, can't please em all can ya. Customer very very happy. Most important thing in my eyes. Not saying thanks again as you just constantly come back with something negative.

You were looking for "Constructive Criticism".
How's it being negative?
You stated you were a better tiler than TJ, I can tell you that he's forgotten more than you know about tiling..
Anyway I said the proof would be in the pudding & there it is..

D

Dougs Third Go

Nothing worse than a window that has different cuts either side. I chose this way, full wrap around in the corner is pretty decent IMO. Happy customer anyways.
just saying that in this case, me personally (look at pic 8) there's a riot going on in that corner and by actually shifting the tiles you'd have a pleasing effect down the r/h side of window and wall.

Reply to Full rip out and re-tile. Opinions welcome in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks