Search the forum,

Discuss Full bathroom refurb in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

All,

Just to sound you out, Ive been contacted by an old work colleague. He wants his bathroom re furbing in Aberdeen.
It is basically 1700mm by 2000mm (floor area). No window and sanitaryware not moving places. Pressurised shower.

He wants sanitary ware removing, bit of re-plumbing done, ply'd out, new ceiling with downlighters and spots. Bath in, tiled then sing and toilet in.

Standard enough, ive seen 2 written quotes, both over 10K (sanitaryware and all mats supplied except tiles). I near choked.

Ive told him to get the ceiling sorted himself and get a plasterer & spark to help, and me and a plumber mate head over for a week and sort the rest.

Ive given him a ballpark figue (labour only) as ive only seen photos, but what would your thoughts be on that figure after he paid for my van and us to get over, kipping on his sofa and spare bed??

T

Time's Ran Out

Is it a new van he's buying you!

John.:thumbsup:

Ps. Companies always charge more to project manage the full job than the customer have to find individual trades.
With product included and a top job completed his original quotes don't seem bad.
Its his choice - A 7-10 day project or a month + if uncoordinated.

S

simhopper

aberdeen is a expensive place for trades

Sanitryware for good stuff can be anything from 2k upwards

Labour for a full rip out back to brick on a standard siz of bathroom for 2 men is 10 days

we are based in edinburgh and the average fully fitted bathroom cost 7k

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I charge £1500-2000 labour only for average bathroom.
Doing a small one with little or no pipe alteration for £600 including 3 walls tiled next week.

Reply to Full bathroom refurb in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen