Currently reading:
Fugi 5 Piece Instructions

Discuss Fugi 5 Piece Instructions in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

My Fugi kit arrived which created a few questions.
One of the tools has a little 'pip' -when would this be used? Similar with the 3 semi-circular cut outs on two of the other blue tools?

20180418_174540.jpg

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

@Localtiler - I've realised I don't understand. The concave parts of the tools (20 25 30mm and three unlabelled smaller concave sections. So these will form a protruding set of of curves. I guess the big ones are for something different than the small ones. Given they are not on the corner of the tool they can't be for edge/corner joints. Sure it's really obvious but I am beaten by a small piece of plastic. One resembles the superman logo.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

@Localtiler thanks for the update. After my last attempt at sealing a kitchen I thought has a may help me. My plan was to have a read of the instructions after watching the video I posted and good to go. But I just couldn't think when I would leave a large wide convex sealant joint..
I have a small 1st floor bathroom to grout, seal and put a vinyl click floor down.

I have 4 glass single panes of glass to fit to a mower shed so I was going to practice doing the joints on that later tonight.

Your last photo is the tool that I was struggling with.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

@slicker55 thus far I've just played with the kit to silicone some glass. I've found them not to difficult to use (the ones I know what they are for). If the silicone is thin (quiet fluid) I found things more tricky. The tools to allow it to pass over grout joints are a fab idea. For a tenner or so I am very happy. The video I posted also I found helpful in terms of what the joint should look like.

S

slicker55

@Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall - thanks... very encouraging - will probably send for a kit and have a play before diving in. There are loads of videos on Youtube showing how to use different profiles and some practical tips too but I haven't found one yet showing how to cope with things like grout lines and coming out of a corner three ways (like in the corners of the bath). I believe the bridges supplied with the kit you have bought makes it possible to do a decent job when you have to cross grout lines. Sorry mate, I have had a very long day today - must watch your video - where is it?

Reply to Fugi 5 Piece Instructions in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement