Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Tiles Lifting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
He’s not primed the floor prior to using a cement based adhesive. This will cause the reaction you’ve had as the high gypsum content in the screed reacts with cement. priming acts as a barrier between the 2
I use ultra csa (calcium based adhesive) you don’t need to prime with this although I stil give it a 1.3 ratio mix. Then turn the heating on
Keep to sub 15 degrees while tiling. Then after 7 days creep up by 2 degrees per day to desired temp. Doing it like that helps with grout shrinkage. As opposed to starting heating a couple of weeks after floor has been layed
We dont even know if its anhydrite screed yet.
[automerge]1588321333[/automerge]
It wasn’t commissioned first , only after tiling.
The
We dont even know if its anhydrite screed yet.
Sorry missed a post...
[automerge]1588321671[/automerge]
There seems to have been a number of fundamental errors here. Heating possibly not commissioned before tiling, no moisture test, possibly not primed correctly, possibly inappropriate adhesive. All of these are really down to the tiler in the respect that he should ask the questions and not deem the floor ready until he is satisfied with the answers.

The use or not of Ditra is technically not relevant. It may be commercially relevant though if it was specified and he included it in his quote.

Last edited:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks. Would you lay 600x600 floor tiles (75M2) WITHOUT Matting?
provided they were not natural stone ten no reason why not. it is not essential although it is not harmful and can offer benefits.

Reply to Floor Tiles Lifting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen