Search the forum,

Discuss Floor tile came up - how to fix in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chrisjs

TF
Reaction score
Had my bathroom floor done a year or so ago and noticed for a while now that one of the tiles next to the door was moving when walked on. I've taken it up and wondering how to fix it now - can I just take out the rest of the old adhesive and then re-lay?

The floor is chipboard with jackoboard then proGrid UFH. The tile came up easily and cleanly with no adhesive left on the back so not sure if it just wasn;t put down properly or if there is another issue. Hoping the rest of the floor is ok...

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Seeing the pattern on the surface of the adhesive like that, as suggested above , no back buttering of the tile. Also very little covering to the mat.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I personally would like to of seen a flexible SLC compound applied over the floor before tiling as above bad practice really .

Reply to Floor tile came up - how to fix in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen