Search the forum,

Discuss Floor Substrate Tiling Onto Solid Oak Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hello all,

So just been to view a job this evening......kitchen floor with 20mm solid oak flooring down which is glued......the client is insisting they don't want the oak flooring to come up & they would rather a decoupling membrane but I have recommended we get the floor up and tile to the screed.....the floor really is solid and there is just no movement or no hollow areas.......I also took some kickboards off and got chisel underneath but could not budge this oak floor, really solid, has been down for 3 years and no warping across the floor.......

The client thinks it's just Ott to take the floor up and insists on overlaying but I,m sticking to my guns here......just wondered what you guys thought and has anyone even over boarded onto solid oak as I've never heard of it!.....

Cheers

Mark

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi Chalker......

No it's not heated mate.......I was think of chopping a price up just to check how well it is actually bonded......have you tiled onto this substrate using a decoupling matting yourself??

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi white beam ,

I thought that when I walked in......it's a stunning floor as it is!...( must have money to burn! )....anyhow tiles are a 300 x 600 slate effect porcelain.......what are your thoughts on the tiling procedure here???

W

White Room

It's like saying would you tile on tile....if they ever had a leak that would muller your tiles as well, I'm on your wave length removal would be my preferred choice.

Reply to Floor Substrate Tiling Onto Solid Oak Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen