Search the forum,

Discuss floor spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

just a quick question how many pro tilers use floor spacers just out of curiosity. i ve done many floors without spacing the joints and they look good ive got decent eyes i tried using floor spacers once on a conservatory floor and again it looked nice. i use them for walls all the time

do you use floor spacers ?

G

grumpygrouter

I use them as a guide. I don't take it as read that the lines will be correct using them as I always put a level/straight edge down . Spacer is a good starting point for consistancy though.

Grumpy

L

LM Ceramics

thats what ive been doing recentley using spacers as a guide after i have set out then i use a couple of spacers for the first few tiles i suppose if you have good eyes then theres no need for them

i a tiler i know tried using spacers on floors to see if was any better he didnt recommend it as sometimes you can lose your level line if you space them

D

DHTiling

I don't use them at all.......floor tile can be quiet nominal in size so i always eye them in....no probs.....:thumbsup:

S

strongboes

Use as a guide sometimes to begin with, layed a 32 metre floor with 600*600 ceramic slate effect tiles in a hotel, guy was really easy going and just said he wanted chunky gaps, so after I had layed half the floor a chippy asked me how could i lay the floor without spacers, i said just practice, he couldn't believe it could be done so i said cheekily measure them and if you find something wrong i'd get him a beer.

He gave up after 10 mins, all were 10mm, asked for my card and wants me to do some work for him. Floor looked awesome too

G

GazTech

I only use spacers to support wall tiles.....floor tiling is 'rack of th'eye, and flick o't wrist ' ..............Gaz

Reply to floor spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen