Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible Floor Tile Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What flexible floor tile adhesive would you guys use on wooden floors? And would it be the same flexible floor tile adhesive that you would use for underfloor heating for example?

M

Matty A

hi admin as you know im new to tile but i only us BAL single part flex on ply i never tile direct to floor boards but thats just me..

W

widdow

hi
i never tile direct to wooden floor , use ditra matting on to the wooden floor,then tile as normal no problems

T

trevortine

Bal fast flex was made for this purpose, anyone who has used it will know this. The stuff is amazing. I ve tiled direct to floorboards with no problems. It sticks to almost anything as you find out when you go to wash your trowel and hands when you get home. Pumice stone takes it off skin eventually. I know....wear gloves....

P

Paul M

Mapei floor adhesive is designed to tile straight onto wood as it has a pva already through it and it is flexable to allow for movement or heavy traffic

C

Concept PHT

I used to use BAL, but its too pricey for me. I now use Granfix, and that works a treat, and a lot cheaper too. I get it from TILE CHOICE here in the midlands.

I have also used PCI adhesive, and I must say that it is excellent. Only thing is, its like rocking horse sh't to find.

M

Matty A

correct me if im wrong but i understand that pva breaks down when subject to water so how does it work in an adhesive that requires water to mix?

C

Concept PHT

Matty, when the adhesive dries, so does the PVA, until it gets wet again.... :(

P

Paul M

I might not bee pva exactly but it is some sort of sealant that allows you tile straight on to wood, something to do with polymers but I aint no scientist so aint gonna even try and explain what their job is

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It isn't PVA usually when it's a two-part mix. All the contents of the product that cures by hydration, so when it gets wet, will be in the bag, and all the contents of the product that cures by evaporation will be stored in the bottle, and all the products that cure by chemical reaction will be split and some stored in the bottle, some in the bag.

I think.

Reply to Flexible Floor Tile Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen