Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

danm

thanks for the replies guys. Was 3 years ago, don't even remember the tilers name!. One of those thing i never quite got round to sorting out.

In process of putting house on the market so am going round 'snagging'.

My own fault for not looking properly at the time. I'll have a go with a fine file. agree its not entirely straight, just want to take the corner off slightly to make it more presentable than it currently is.

So just get a fine file and take it slowly. Is that about it?

I

Ian

Without a doubt....... but if they don't want to get the tiler back (which I advised) then it's the easiest option for them to file it.......

I wasn't criticising! Sorry if it came across that way, I agree that filing is the easiest option, didn't realise it was done 3 years ago and that the house was going on the market! :)

S

Stewart

I wasn't criticising! Sorry if it came across that way, I agree that filing is the easiest option, didn't realise it was done 3 years ago and that the house was going on the market! :)

I know you weren't Bri, so no worries.....:)0) Sometimes you just have to give the simplest answer to solve the problem without making it anymore complicated. That's the beauty of the forum. If we all gave the same answer it would get pretty boring pretty quick IMO....

D

Deleted member 9966

I found, when selling my old house, that small comestic issues tend to go unnoticed. it's usually the glaringly obvious issues that will be spotted first. go carefully with the trim filing, be discreet with how much you file it back. sometimes it's true that less is more. concentrate on making the bathroom spotlessly clean and tidy and chances are some out of line trim won't be spotted.

when I bought my current house, I thought I had spotted all of the "snags" in the house (it was a repossession, so in a very poor state) but I never even noticed the 1ft X 1ft square patch on the ceiling on the landing that had obviously had a foot through it at some point before being repaired for almost 6 months :lol:

oh and try not to sell your house to a Tiler. they are the worst when it comes to "assessing" tiling work wherever they may be :grin:

S

ScottG13

That's the beauty of the forum. If we all gave the same answer it would get pretty boring pretty quick IMO....

This reminds me of what my Dad used to tell my Mum when they always argued. 'If we agreed on everything we wouldn't have anything to talk about'.

They are divorced now :lol:

M

marcel

Its pretty weak standard of finish, will need the top row coming off and a new one fitting!! some people have a cheek leaving a job like that!

J

Johnny Burgess

had an idea,not sure if it would work and i might get shot down in flames for this, is to remove the grout between the trim and the tile and cut the trim off with a sharp blade.
you can then remove the bedding part of the trim off the new one and fix it in place with some adhesive! Just and idea, be gentle ;-)

Reply to Finishing Trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen