Search the forum,

Discuss finishing off thin gaps (pics) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

guy1976

have you tried to setout brick bond or diamond pattern it might solve problem or do as others say and ajust grout joints

D

DHTiling

Hi there,
Just planning a layout in a dining room which has three entrance doors. I have marked out the centre lines and dry layed a number of times, finally arriving at a good spot for the key tile which means I finish against all walls with a good 1/2 to 2/3 of a tile. Unfortunately, because there are doors into the room on three sides, I have ended up with gaps as shown in the pictures at the patio doors.

Allowing for a 6mm expansion gap which I intend to silicone, any suggestions as to how to finish these (other than obviously cutting a very thin strip of tile)? I thought of using some nice hardwood, similar to the door strip I am making to step down into the kitchen.

What do you think?

[DLMURL="http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doorway1hw7.jpg"]
doorway1hw7.th.jpg
[/DLMURL]

alright dunnster mate!.. somtimes these sort of cuts cant be avoided and with them being in the door reveals wont be that obvious, as for try to cover them up, dont bother mate as will look out of place , will look ok GOOD LOOK and post a pic !!. dave...

View attachment 76591

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to finishing off thin gaps (pics) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen