Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing off exposed edge of top row of tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lukeo

I have almost done a kitchen splash back. Decided not to use an edging trim on the top because the length was too long...

So what's the best way to finish off the top row? Grout? Silicone, Caulk? or simply paint the top edges of the top row tiles to match the walls.

E

enduro

I would use decorators caulk, its like silicone but you can paint onto it and its flexible so wont crack.

R

Raja

Yes as Sir Ramic say grout when let customer know he or she needs to paint up to the line.

I have done this a very small no. of times as i'd rather have a joint between 2 trims but every one is different

Reply to Finishing off exposed edge of top row of tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen