Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing off edges on tile installation over UFH in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jeri

Hello everyone,
Have lurked here for over a year. Great forum. I gleaned great info and have avoided potential mistakes, so for that I thank you all. :thumbsup: Needed to know plenty as the builder had no idea!!! Here is my question.
We have had wet UFH system installed over a year ago. Spanish terracotta tiles installed over and I grouted with Ultracolor Plus. (great hints for that job...not easy!!)
The room is 55 square metres. Walls are rough exposed stone (barn in France). I didn't grout around the edges as I was using Anthracite and it was too difficult to get it in the joint and not on the walls (light coloured) as well!
Thinking about using Mapseil sealant around edges. Not happy that it is shiny unlike the Ultracolor which is flat :prrr:
Rang Mapei and they say that's fine, but I should fill with a foam filler to take up the deep gaps before using sealant.
Do you all agree? I can't find this "foam filler" anywhere on the web. Chap said it comes in strips and you jam it down into the joint before sealing on the top.
Any advice???

Thanks in advance!
Jeri

J

jay

:welcome: think you are talking about the foam expansion material used in brick work or concrete
!Bv4m1OQ!mk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEwP0DegrIBMG,2ZKh!g~~_35.JPG

J

jeri

Hi Jay,
Boy, that was quick!! Thank you for your response.
It sounded as if they made a product for the purpose, but didn't give me the exact name.
I'll have a look for something like you've suggested.
Many thanks!
Jeri

Reply to Finishing off edges on tile installation over UFH in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen