Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing Hardibacker Install in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jond500

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for all the help and advice you have given so far.

All the walls were out and I have fitted new studs to the existing ones and straightened it out. Before doing this I had a run out over the 1700mm run of 18mm at worst. Now this has been corrected it's 2mm and that has been taken up with shims glued to the new studs and is square to the wall at 90 degrees to it.

The questions I have now that the Hardibacker is on I need to get it ready for tiling are as follows:

1: In the 2 90 degree vertical joints do I just seal them with silicone or something else, I will be using the Mapei waterproofing kit afterwards.

2: I have the Hardibacker tape and also the same adhesive I will be using to tile to fix it. In the shower end of the bath do I have to apply the Hardibacker tape\adhesive and smooth off or can I just use the Mapei in this area on the horizontal joints?

3: When applying the tape do I apply it first and then force the adhesive in and smooth or do I force adhesive into the joints, then apply the tape and skim with adhesive and remove the excess?

Sorry for all the dumb questions but this is the first bathroom I have done and have taken the advice given on here and held back until I could afford the Hardibacker instead of moisture resistant plasterboard, Mapei waterproofing kit etc.

Cheers,

Jon.

D

DHTiling

Hi Jon.. personally i would use Durap wp tape or similar for all the joints and corners etc.. this tape stretches with expansion , so does not tear..

Reply to Finishing Hardibacker Install in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen