Search the forum,

Discuss finishing college need help! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cono

hi,i finish college in a couple of weeks[city and guilds diploma],im living in london and have no tools due to lack of income and no onsite experience of tiling,in the past when phoning tilers ive recieved no joy and still have same problem,im considering volunteering to work for a tiler if need be just to get some experience but if anyone could help me or give me some advice on getting my career as a tiler started it would be much appreciated.

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome..

All i can just say is persevere .. and good luck getting placed with a tiler.

R

Rich

Welcome to the forum.

Have a really good look through this forum, there are countless posts form people starting out like yourself :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Welcome along. You really need to get yourself some basic tools to get yourself going. One of the best ways of gaining experience when starting out is doing work for family and friends, and without some tools you won't get very far! Get yourself on ebay and have a look round for some second hand bits and pieces, there are some bargains. Also if you can stretch to about £400 there are starter kits available that will give you everything you need to get going, and most importantly, start making some cash.

Reply to finishing college need help! in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen