Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing between kitchen wall tiles and worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chassyh

How is this best done? I have seen many kitchens where the join between the worktop and the wall tiles is sealed with silicon, but this has cracked and peeled because, I suspect, of movement of the worktop. Anybody got any tips??

G

Gazzer

Use Bal micro-ban sealant or similar ( not the stuff that B&Q etc sell) and no doubt the guy from CornerTape (see link at top of page) will be along shortly.

G

grumpygrouter

How is this best done? I have seen many kitchens where the join between the worktop and the wall tiles is sealed with silicon, but this has cracked and peeled because, I suspect, of movement of the worktop. Anybody got any tips??
Use good quality silicone and ENSURE that the two surfaces are clean, dust free and perfectly dry before applying the silicone. Good quality silicone should last at least 10 years before it deteriorates, which it will eventually.

Grumpy

F

Frankie

Chassyh, there is only one way to do this, whether it is a kitchen or a bathroom, this final finishing with silicone will make or break the job.
Firstly clean all surfaces thouroghly with methalated spirit and dry, then go around with your silicone (only use a good brand) spray over the silicone with a solution of water and washing up liquid, then finish your silicone with a grouting tool or B&Q finger for a perfect finish

R

Ric

used bal microban this weekend for first time, lovely stuff didn't need any washing up liquid, great results. :thumbsup:

Reply to Finishing between kitchen wall tiles and worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen