Search the forum,

Discuss Finishing: 38mm gap at the end if the bath in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

oneilger

I'm currently completing my first ever attempt at tiling. I've got a gap of 38mm between the end of the bath and the tiled wall. Can anyone suggest how I should complete this part of the job. Thanks

M

Mike

I'm currently completing my first ever attempt at tiling. I've got a gap of 38mm between the end of the bath and the tiled wall. Can anyone suggest how I should complete this part of the job. Thanks

If the walls not tiled yet is it possible to board the wall out to meet the bath or 'box' the end and tile it. Are the taps/shower at the other end?

tapatalk on my HTC

O

oneilger

It's at the opposite end from the taps and shower. I have tiled it yesterday but could remove the two tiles concerned

D

Daveknight

Definately box in or use a bit of decent timber. You can then tile this or even use some white plastic UPVC trim. Don't forget to silicone between the bath and this area just in case there is any movement.

T

Time's Ran Out

If it's a white bath - use a piece of upvc trim and silicone it into place.

I

Ian

Box it in and tile it. Make a frame and cover it with cement board so if water does get into it, it won't deform.

P

phil w

would agree with nybor62, bit of extra time to box in and shelve you'll have to live with it for along time worth the little effort imo

M

Muse2k8

If you don't want to remove tiles and box it in a nice bit of sealed timber or trim and silicon should do it :)

O

oneilger

Thanks for all your help. A piece of three by two fits the gap perfectly, I'm going to fix this to the wall at the end of the bath and attach a piece of PVC on top. ANy idea where I can buy a piece of PVC?

D

Daveknight

Sometimes i have to replace trims around windows. I use my local window company to buy upvc trim.

J

James3

Box it in and tile it. Make a frame and cover it with cement board so if water does get into it, it won't deform.
I agree with Brian box it in either allowing for the tile to finish flush with the bath or create a nice shelve, use cement board and tile, this will look a lot better than using pvc trim in my opinion but each o their own!!:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Finishing: 38mm gap at the end if the bath in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen