Search the forum,

Discuss Finish plaster repair prior to tiling. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Coddey

-
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process of a full bathroom refit.

I’ve removed a few tiles to see what the state of the plaster is like and on one wall (see pic) much of the finish has come away leaving what appears to be the bonding. Some areas are brown and other grey as if cement render has also been used.

Can I skim these areas with some finish plaster and SBR or use ready mixed plaster. If so, what would be the drying time in days /weeks before I could tile (50cm x 25cm tiles)?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20240306_165102.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 20

Coddey

-
Reaction score
I've just realised the walls around the bath requiring tanking due to a shower install.

Is there a tanking kit that either comes with a primer, or do I still require SBR between finish and tanking, then tanking and tiles ?

Reply to Finish plaster repair prior to tiling. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen