Search the forum,

Discuss Finding a tile that i think is discontinued in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

ljane74

Hi All

New to this. Just to introduce myself. I'm just a mere slip of a girl (i wish!) who is decorating her bathroom. I bought some tiles in November and i though i had got plenty. But after a few damages i have run short.:oops:
The tile is called "Island Grey" or "Island Gris". Plain white tile 25x40. Would anyone know where i might be able to get hold of any of these?

Many Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Lisa

L

ljane74

I got them from Hyde park tiles in Stoke. Phoned them this morning, and they were not really much help to be honest. They just told me to buy bigger tiles and cut them down!! It does say "Magic tiles" on the box but i can't find any useful information on them.

Thanks

G

Gazzer

I would call them again and remind them what it says on their website....
"About Hyde Park Tiles Hyde Park Tiles has been established for around twenty years, during this time we have maintained a high standard of customer relations with both existing and new customers."

Ask them wher they got them from if they cant get any and try and get as much info as possible. i cant find any ifo either and never heard of that tile but its not unusual for tile shops to rename tiles.

L

ljane74

Good news i think. I actually went a run down to Hyde Park tiles. Even then they were still of no use and totally unhelpful. Much to the point of looking totally disinterested which now may lead to a complaint letter. They do have other outlets which i did not know originally. They did not even bother to think of phoning around to see if any of their other shops had got any of the tiles. I know it was my fault for not ordering enough tiles, but from start to finish, they have been a disaster from sending incorrect border strip and not refunding, sending border strip which had been cut down and used before on display to numerous tiles being chipped/scratched!!
I then went to Impact tiles up the road. They have managed to find the "Island Gris cifre" in their catalogues and it looks as though they are in production again. They are looking at getting a sample for me and checking that they are the same tile which they do think they are. So hopefully things will be back on track.

Many Thanks for the replies.

Lisa

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

hope you get on alright, jane

i cant understand business that take that attitude with their customers particiluraly in this financial climate

i take it youll be going to impact in future

mike

D

Deleted member 9966

I'm glad I read this post. I drove past Hyde Park Tiles today and thought about popping in next weekend to look at tiles for the bathroom. I shall not be bothering if that's there attitude towards customers :yikes:

T

tile55

i cant understand business that take that attitude with their customers particiluraly in this financial climate

mike

What goes around, comes back around, how much business will they lose if people look on the foum and find this thread.

L

ljane74

mike

I will, they are pretty good blokes and seem to know what they are talking about and seem to be very customer orientated. Mind you, hopefully this will be the last bit of tiling work i've got to do as i did my kitchem last year!

Reply to Finding a tile that i think is discontinued in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen