Discuss Films and box sets recommendations? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Boggs

TF
Supporter
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just started watching The Deuce, only 2 episodes in but really good so far.

Best film I think I have watched in 2018 is Manchester by the Sea, it’s a couple of years old but Casey Affleck is a quality actor.

Boggs

TF
Supporter
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Oh and Dark Tourist is on my watch list but haven’t got round to watching it yet.

G

GoneGuy

I watched a good film other night called
Den of thieves.
Also I have been recommended a series called
The last kingdom

W

Waluigi

I watched that Netflix series similar to ‘Making A Murderer’

7.5/10. Not bad.

The Innocent Man

Seen all the usual series years ago and haven’t really been gripped by anything for ages

O

Old Mod

Vampire diaries Andy.
Yeah I thought that too, but after a couple of episodes, got hooked.
It becomes far more about the relationships with the brothers.

W

Waluigi

Film of the year has to be Bohemian Rhapsody.

I went to see it twice with my 12 year old Daughter as she is a huge Queen Fan.

Maliks performance as Freddy was superb and the Live Aid scene alone was stunning viewing. I got a tingle when the virtual helicopter swooped down across the crowd and flew towards the stage.

9/10

Edit: I don’t think it’s out yet unless you’re happy to watch a screener.

H

hmtiling

Just started watching The Deuce, only 2 episodes in but really good so far.

Best film I think I have watched in 2018 is Manchester by the Sea, it’s a couple of years old but Casey Affleck is a quality actor.
the Deuce is excellent

Boggs

TF
Supporter
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
the Deuce is excellent

If it carries on the way it started I think this could overtake Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul on my top tv list.

Boggs

TF
Supporter
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I prefer it to breaking bad but I thought that was overrated. The sopranos is the pinnacle of tv in my eyes with the wire coming in second

The Sopranos, absolute quality, that’s definately in my top 3.

W

Waluigi

For me Sopranos is the finest piece of TV viewing that has ever been and unlikely to ever be challenged.

I might have to start The Deuce. Sounds interesting.

W

Waluigi

Absolutely right, made amends now and couldn’t agree more with your post. If I could agree more than once I would :D

Agree with your statement about the Wire too. Slipped under the radar for many but a superb series. Favourite is season 1. The characters alone on that show are brilliant.

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Best box set for me was breaking bad, best film the accountant...
I'll have a look at the wire see what it's like.
I also enjoyed, Dexter and billions and house of cards...

T

Time's Ran Out

Best box sets are - Newcastle United - the Sir Bobby Robson years. Not been made yet but it’s bound to be a winner in the NE.

W

Waluigi

John, did you know about the 2018 documentary about Bobby Robson?

Bobby Robson: more than a manager.

W

Waluigi

This is going to sound daft but I couldn’t watch any more of SOA as the lead guy (the young bloke) really annoyed me with the way he walked.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
The Narcos box sets are great. Best series I've watched this year was 'Haunting of Hill house'

W

Waluigi

I really tried to like Narcos but gave up in the end.

I think sometimes nowadays we are spoilt for choice so don’t give things enough of a chance. Well I don’t anyway.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Maybe the subtitles put you off

W

Waluigi

No, I’m a fan of some of the Nordic crime dramas and the original Dragon tatttoo so enjoy a subtitled piece of viewing.

I’ll probably go back to Narcos and give it another whirl.

Reply to Films and box sets recommendations? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer