Search the forum,

Discuss Fiberglass membrane on cable heat-yea?nay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bootsmckiber

Hi everyone,I was just wondering,I'm going to be doing a heated bathroom floor using the open cable method,I want to use up a roll of fiberglass membrane,I'm putting the cable on Hardi-Board,then setting it in Self Leveling Compound.I want to then cover the floor with fiberglass membrane(in the SLC)does anyone see a problem with this?Thanks,Mike
Sorry Dave,still learning my way around.

P

paulyoung666

trying to unload some product , at no extra cost to the homeowner presumably :thumbsup:

B

bootsmckiber

I would'nt bother with the fibreglass, just slc over the wires.

Yes ,I agree it would take a bit of time but wouldn't it strengthen the floor?that's what I'm looking at,stronger floor at no cost to my client.Plus it'll give my helper a few extra hours on his paycheck,everybody wins,me I just feel good about helping someone out,that's where I win,cheers,Mike:thumbsup:

Reply to Fiberglass membrane on cable heat-yea?nay? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen